Holly Dale Textiles Designer
7 Fitzalan Road, West Sussex, RH13 6AA. 07821019384
2008-2011 Northbrook College
- BA Hons Degree, Surface and Textiles Design.
- New Designer Exhibition London: securing interest in my work from several leading companies including a major card retailer, a nation wide supermarket and a fabric design agency in Liberty's of London.
- Hallmark cards, Bingly, Studio work placement.
2005-2008 Central Sussex College
- City and Guilds Level 1 and 2 in Design and Craft (Interior Decor) in the context of decorative effects and painting techniques.
- ABC Awards, Level 2 Art and Design, and creative Interior Design, 3D Perspective hand drawing.
2006-2008 The College of Richard Collier
- A Level Art and Design, A Level Textiles, AS Level Resistant Materials.
Jean Littlejohn and Jan Beaney course “Hot Textiles”
A weekend away learning and experimenting with heat and materials and using an embellisher.
The Princes Trust
After writing a business plan and pitching to The Prince's Trust I was chosen to go forward with my business. I received a loan and the support of a business mentor. I started off designing and hand making home and giftware and from that I have just started moving into creating artwork.
HAOS, Horsham Artists Open Studios
- 2017 Preview Exhibition, Contemporary Art Fair. Horsham Capitol Theatre.
- 2017 Contemporary Art Fair. Park Side, Horsham Council.
- 2018 Art Trail, Open Studio.
- 2018 Contemporary Art Fair Horsham. Park Side, Horsham Council.
- December 2018, The Express online, Back to doing what I love, an article About Katya Jones working on her commission that I worked on, with my work in the photograph.
- November 2018, West Sussex County Times, Giant Pigeon... Spotted in town centre.
- November 2018, All About Horsham Magazine, Holly Dale.
2019 - The Jones’ Apparel.
(Fashion brand of Strictly Come Dancing professional dancer Katya Jones) Katya Jones commissioned me to create a collection of images for her design. Katya was commissioned by well known professional dancer, as a gift for his fiancee, a well known TV game show Presenter. I stitched several animals for the commissioned item.
Groups and Further Development
- 2017-Date, HAOS, Horsham Artist Open Studio, is a group of Artists, all based in Horsham, who come together to support each other to learn and promote each other and hold events to sell and promote their work.
- 1998-Date, Martlets, Is a group of lace makers that meet every two months, we make lace and have talks and classes on many other skills, design and crafts.
- 2011-Date, Bobbin Lace making classes, I go to a few different lace classes, including classes with Alex Stilwell, a world renowned lace maker and teacher.
About My Work Technique
My main technique is free machine embroidery, I layer up fabrics and stitching to create my pieces, I use many different fabrics and threads that I find.
One of my first pieces was of a goat that I met while on a walk, whilst calling into a farm shop and garden centre along the way. I love capturing the personalities of animals and bringing them to life in my pictures. My partner and I are often walk out in the countryside looking for wildlife or walk on farms and visit the animals. I was a member of the National Trust for many years and I feel that has inspired me and grown my appreciation of architecture and interior design too. At the moment, I feel I have two collections, the bigger collection is of animals and the smaller collection is of buildings. As I have only been creating art work for about 2 years and working towards clear collections for the HAOS exhibitions, I have not experimented with other styles yet, I plan on developing some abstract work and some more famous architecture pictures too.